We do in-mold decorating.
At Profile Plastics, our specialty is In-Mold Decorating (IMD) with precision registered graphics. We engineer and develop our processes and mold our products in-house. We are an experienced custom thermoplastic injection molder that has the expertise needed to create quality IMD products.
Profile Plastics offers the focus and expertise of a small company with the resources and purchasing power of a large corporation.
The terms IMD (In-Mold Decorating) and IML (In-Mold Labeling) are often used interchangeably. We use a process of inserting a decorated plastic film, often called a label, insert or appliqué, into an injection mold cavity. The result is an integrated molding, combining function and permanent decoration.
Profile Plastics was established in 1994 inMinnesota. We have expanded to include a manufacturing facility inWisconsin.
The advantages of involving Profile Plastics in your next IMD project:
- We are dedicated to In-Mold Decorating. IMD is what we do and we do it well.
- We have 18 years of experience producing IMD products. Our team has more than 75 years of combined experience focusing on IMD. Our experience sets us apart from the rest of the industry.
- We have developed hundreds of IMD projects. We have developed comprehensive processes for every major market including thousands of part numbers.
- We offer an in-house automation experience. Our facilities are automated to ensure precision and efficiency in the manufacturing process.
- We utilize customized IMD manufacturing cells. Profile Plastics produces IMD products in our customized manufacturing cells, reducing throughput, WIP and cost while producing a superior product.
- Our tooling expertise is developed specifically for IMD. IMD differs from traditional molding in many ways. We understand the details that define the difference.
- We are ISO 9001 certified. “We will meet or exceed all requirements through our commitment to ISO9001:2008 while continuously working to improve.”